Photographing Nature Workshop
26 September 2019, 10:00 - 16:00 (Add to calendar)
This workshop for enthusiastic photographers will enable you to learn more about the technical side of photography and start to look at the fundamentals of composition, improving your nature photography and getting more out of your camera.
· How to set up your camera and the best techniques for taking nature shots
· Use of ISO to control shutter speed
· How to correctly expose your images
· How good composition can transform your shots
· The range of available camera technologies and accessories
· The technical elements of creative images – aperture, shutter speed and image chip sensitivity
· The effect of different lenses on creating an image
· The discretionary use of the composition guidelines, such as the ‘rule of thirds’
· Different forms of natural light and how to use these to create images
· Focus for sharp subjects and how to set the correct aperture to give a blurred background to your images
· The use of composition elements of making an image – line, shape, form, texture, pattern and colour
· Applying these techniques for taking images of close-up images of nature
Booking essential. £39 per person. Suitable for adults and young people aged 14 and over.
Refunds will be given up to 14 days before the event.
Proceeds from this event will go towards supporting the work of Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust.